This job offer is expired
At Packlane, we help customers create impactful custom packaging – and we need you to create the powerful code that makes it all possible. In fact, we’d be OK with you wearing a brightly colored cape at your desk because you have X-ray vision for detecting bugs and a utility belt full of tools to eradicate them. As the ideal candidate, you understand that inventive and stable software is essential to the continued prosperity of our business — and also result in web experiences more forceful than a locomotive.
Consider Packlane a unique challenge - you’ll be in charge of code that allows people with a range of design knowledge (from novice to expert craftsman) to create a product that truly helps them tell their business’s brand story. It’s a big job, but the generalist engineer we’re looking for will be excited to work on a career-defining startup that’s pioneering a new approach to designing and manufacturing packaging. Join our team as a software engineer and put your super-skills to work for good.
What You'll Do:
- Ideate. Create. Innovate. Help our small (but ultra-productive!) team build new and wonderful products.
- Craft the back end of our web applications and pitch in on front end development.
- Build reliable systems in Elixir and Phoenix.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, department heads and consultants to provide the best user experience possible.
- Bend steel with your bare hands (optional).
What You'll Love About Packlane:
- Use the technologies you love - Packlane is an opportunity to cut your teeth on an exciting technology stack, including innovative development frameworks and cutting-edge functional languages.
- Support Modern Browsers - We’re living in the future and build for modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE. No IE8 here.
- We’re a small team - You’ll be one of few, which means you’ll have a real chance to make an impact. Expect (and hopefully enjoy!) a lot of control and influence over product decisions and prioritization.
- You’ll help build our future - We’ve got a lot of ambitious projects in the works, from building manufacturing infrastructure from the ground up, to implementing robust order management systems that orchestrate an intricate production flow, and you’ll be at the forefront of it all.
- Flexibility - We’re an international team who appreciates the freedom to work remotely/from home when we need to, and we value getting everyone together in-person for the occasional company retreat.
- You’re excited by TDD but also know when perfectionism is the enemy of delivered.
- An easy-to-work-with attitude, well-organized and highly self-motivated.
- Reliable. Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong work ethic and a healthy obsession with learning new things.
- Familiarity with Git, NPM, AWS and Heroku.
- Don’t see your strengths listed? Tell us about them! We want eager and gritty applicants :) not narrowly pigeon holed engineers.
- Pragmatic approaches to complex problems. Know when a hack is the right solution.
- Debugging experts willing to jump into the fray.
- Functional programming advocates: who value immutability and functional purity.
- Previous experience on remote teams.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow