Lead software engineer
This job offer is expired
We’re an award-winning, Imperial College Incubator backed start-up on the lookout for a lead engineer to join our team as a first step of becoming our CTO.
WHAT WE DO:
We’re developing the easiest way to return and refund your unwanted clothing.
With the growth of online shopping has come a huge increase in the number of people returning unwanted clothing. Roughly 66 million items of clothing get returned in London each year (and this is only from retailers offering free returns). Yet, the current solutions for shoppers to return clothing are inefficient and extremely time consuming. Shoppers often have to wait in long queues, re-package clothes, print returns labels or wait all day for expensive courier services to pick-up their unwanted clothing. What's worse is that shoppers often have to wait up to 21 days to get their money refunded. Until now.
We are a company born out of Imperial College London, setting out to make the returns and refunds process simpler than ever before. We have been backed by industry leaders and are in very positive talks with large retailers. We are looking for looking for someone who is just as passionate as we are to help us disrupt the retail tech scene.
WHAT WE'RE AFTER:
We are looking for a highly-motivated and adaptable Lead Engineer to help us revolutionise the way people shop. You’ll be in charge of implementing our company’s technology vision, developing strategies and delivering concepts, whilst also helping to shape a service which is very quickly gaining traction in the retail world.
We are looking for someone who will embrace the challenge of leading the tech team in a business which has the potential to be the next big thing in retail. Our number one priority is to find the kind of person who believes in the problem we are solving as much as we do, and will help us to define our culture whilst continuously pushing themselves both technically and personally.
As our Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the company’s technological development; making key technological and architectural decisions; setting the engineering team culture; and working with the founders to grow the company
- Getting your hands dirty initially by completing the remaining build of the product before taking on a more managerial role
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web and mobile services
- Hiring and retaining a world-class tech team
- Managing a team of engineers to complete the building of the product before launching and scaling the service
- Supervising quality assurance processes, integration and system tests
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN OUR LEAD ENGINEER
- Excellent leadership, team building skills and being comfortable in managing other engineers and overseeing the development of a scalable product
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities and risks company-wide
- Being obsessive about delivering new tech and value to our customers
- Confident in producing work and representing the company
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer science and 2 years work experience
- Ability to design and implement technological architecture – you will be the first technical team member, meaning that all technologies are flexible
- Knowledge of and experience in
- Prototype app has been built in React Native
- React and Redux
- SQL databases and REST APIs
- Jenkins/CI systems, Flow/Typescript, Microservice (w/Kubernetes), GraphQL, AWS
- Have experience in product development and/or delivery of a tech product to market – this is preferable but not essential
- Knowing when to push for the perfect solution versus a simpler way to move product development forward
- Interest in tracking how the software is being used and keep on top of key technical and user metrics
COMPENSATION & TIMEFRAME
- We are offering performance-based equity to start with, combined with a competitive salary once we have raised a seed round - which we are proceeding with in the coming months.
- Starting ASAP
If you think you're the right person for the job, GET IN TOUCH - we'd love to hear from you.
How to apply
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your CV. You need to be able to work in London to be considered. We’ll let you know once we’ve received your application and, once we have reviewed your application, we can have a call or grab a coffee to chat about things in more depth