This job offer is expired
Hi! We are verkstedt, a small team of software developers, located in the heart of Berlin. We are passionate about delivering high quality web applications with a strong focus on performance, mobile web, scalability and robust solutions that don’t bite us in the butt on a Saturday evening...
Join us and become part of a seasoned team of skilled engineers! We offer you the opportunity to shape and evolve huge software projects, work flexible and allow you to focus on code and not on bureaucracy.
Your work would include to:
- Implement and publish small, tested and reusable modules for large websites and develop new consumer offerings using up-to-date tools and technologies like Reactjs / Redux, Nodejs, koa/express and Docker / Kubernetes.
- Help us build and maintain a continuous testing environments for our frontend apps.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- Work on greenfield projects.
If this sounds like what you are looking for, get in touch with us! – We are looking forward meeting you.
Basically there is only one major requirement we have: you should simply enjoy building great applications, writing robust and clean code!
If you can combine this with some significant experience with React & Node (or a similar stack that allows you to build great web applications), we’re very interested to meet for a coffee!
Apart from that, since we’re a small team and we strongly believe that software development is a team sport, it’d be helpful for you to be self organized and not afraid of interacting with others.
This also includes a certain ability to find pragmatic solutions for complex problems and being able to accept that there are always multiple ways to achieve a given goal.
For us this also includes, that no one should be afraid of failures. As a team we only should try not to repeat them.
You should also be able to speak English fluently (and from time to time it can come in handy to speak a few words in German).
We are offering:
- a competitive salary (depending on you're experience you can expect something like 55.000 € – 65.000 € per year),
- flexible work hours and
- you can choose the gear you like.
Coding is hard work, so we always make sure to have enough coffee, fruits, Club Mate & snacks in the office and at our location you will also find:
- a table tennis,
- Video Games (Playstation + an old-school Nintendo console),
- a small café,
- regular Yoga classes and other meetups,
- occasional board game meetups for those interested
- and even a napping room!
Great! Simply fill in the application form below and we will get in touch within a week.
What we then usually do is to start with a quick chat via Skype (or whatever channel works) to get to know each other and for you to ask any question that might come to mind.
If we all agree to proceed we would invite you for a coding challenge, which allows us to have a second more indepth discussion with you about your work.
And that’s basically all the application process there is.