← Back to all jobs
Software Engineering Intern
This job offer is expired
Consider Packlane a unique challenge - you’ll be in collaborating on code that allows people with a range of design knowledge (from novice to expert craftsman) to create a product that truly helps them tell their business’s brand story. It’s a big job, but the apprentice we’re looking for will be excited to work on a career-defining startup that’s pioneering a new approach to designing and manufacturing packaging. Join our team as a paid apprentice and put your skills to work for good.
What You'll Do:
- Ideate. Create. Innovate. Help our small (but ultra-productive!) team build new and wonderful products.
- Build production systems in Elixir and React.js.
- Hone your debugging skills and contribute suggestions to the overall team.
- Utilize unit testing and continuous integration to keep the bugs out.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, department heads and consultants to provide the best user experience possible.
- Pair program with Senior Software Engineers to hone your skills and grow.
- Bend steel with your bare hands (optional).
What You'll Love About Packlane:
- Use the technologies you love - Packlane is an opportunity to cut your teeth on an exciting technology stack, including innovative development frameworks and cutting-edge functional languages.
- We’re a small team - You’ll be one of few, which means you’ll have a real chance to make an impact. Expect (and hopefully enjoy!) a lot of control and influence over product decisions and prioritization.
- You’ll help build our future - We’ve got a lot of ambitious projects in the works, from building manufacturing infrastructure from the ground up, to implementing robust order management systems that orchestrate an intricate production flow, and you’ll be at the forefront of it all.
- Flexibility - We’re an international team who appreciates the freedom to work remotely/from home when we need to, and we value getting everyone together in-person for the occasional company retreat.
- A vigorous curiosity and excitement about software engineering.
- An easy-to-work-with attitude, well-organized and highly self-motivated.
- Reliable. Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong work ethic and a healthy obsession with learning new things.
- Don’t see your strengths listed? Tell us about them! We want eager and gritty applicants :) not narrowly pigeon holed engineers.
- Prior internships and proven track record in positions of responsibility.
- Open source contributions to show your capabilities.
- Previous experience on remote teams.
- Students, non-traditional backgrounds, and misfits welcome. We come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome likewise in you.