This job offer is expired
In the last years, we successfully built up an R&D company that develops great products using latest technologies. We do this with an unique approach: combining a fixed core team and a huge and strong community of developers, engineers, makers, hackers, and designers. In the community, there are freelancers, academic researchers, and senior elite students that then work on projects on a flexible basis.
- Strong software engineering / web applications engineering background
- Experience in both Frontend and Backend (but you can obviously have a preference)
- Experience in frameworks like ReactJS, ReactNative and NodeJS (or Angular, Vue...)
- Experience in databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB or similar
- Having worked in agile environments, being able to follow and soon lead the SCRUM process of 3-5 people dev teams
- Good communication skills in English in writing and speaking
- Having worked with Docker, GitLab CI, or comparable tools
- Any Python, Flask, or Django experience would be awesome
- Taking over a central role in web development projects at Motius
- Joining various teams, topics, and customers (e.g. Microsoft, Innogy, BMW, Siemens) for building strong and beautiful web & app projects
- Perspective: leading the scrum process with teams of 2-5 other developers and 1-2 DevOps engineers
- Discussing the technical realisation of feature requests with Product & Project Owners
- Setting up architectures and code bases for our projects
- Mentoring junior developers (e.g. who write their Master Thesis)
- Organizing code reviews, pair programming sessions for improving the quality of the team
- Constantly improving and modernizing our tools
What we offer
- Taking a central role in our Core Team
- Having the authority to co-shape our business
- Directly cooperating with our Technical Director and Co-Founder, Philipp
- Soon leading small teams of smart developers
- Good salary, unlimited fulltime contract, and stock options
- 4h/week reserved for learning new technologies
- Personal Development Budget for conferences, meetups, online courses etc.
Some of the values we share here are
- open communication and a constant feedback culture (flat hierarchies help here)
- diverse teams (not really a value, but diverse teams lead to great results in our opinion)
- comitted to personal growth (as a young company, we all grow day by day)
- eagerness, curiosity, and desire to build new products, learn new things, try things out, fail fast, etc.
What you can expect here
- a young team that wants to grow with you
- a steep learning curve (pair programming with our CTO) and definitely a place to take over ownership and responsibility for something
- a diverse team with over 10 nationalities and tech backgrounds as software engineers, designers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, etc.
- a self-funded healthy startup that grows constantly and is profitable from year one
- ..therefore a proper payment + bonus for you
- of course coffee and teambuilding events and budget for personal development and all this hippie startup things
The Hiring Process will look like this:
- Please apply here or via firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, GitHub link (or other practical references) and a cover letter, why you want to join Motius
- We'll review the applications and select a few applicants
- Coding Test via Hackerrank (120 min)
- First interview will be via Skype. Here we look for a cultural fit and answer all relevant questions. Also, we do a first rough technical evaluation.
- Concrete coding task in order know more about your skills and to ensure a fair selection
- Second interview will be with a technical focus with the Project Owner
- We probably invite the 2-3 best candidates for one day in Munich with our Core Team
What are you waiting for?