Principal Software Developer (Front End)
This job offer is expired
Here at LateRooms.com our estate is huge and complex and processing 900 million transactions per day! We are looking for our next addition to help shape our future…
We’re a problem-solving bunch, so we’re looking for somebody who can make decisions and can tackle an issue, seeing it through from start to finish.
How you can shape our future…
As a LateRooms.com Principal Software Developer you will have a hunger to learn and self-improve and to teach and improve members of your team. Developing software at this scale is quite the challenge, so that’s why we’re passionate not just about the result, but how you get there and the technologies you use to deliver world-class systems and services.
What will you be working on?
We have a large estate with a wide variety of technologies, and with that comes many challenges! You will be working on supporting the existing systems and APIs and help to develop new ones as our product offering grows.
After developing our code using the Test-Driven development (TDD) process, and by following other quality code principles such as SOLID, we store our code in GitHub. We continuously deploy our systems as micro-services using Docker containers in Rancher. We watch over our environment with Kibana, Grafana and New Relic, and collaborate with each other using Slack and JIRA.
As a Principal Software Developer (Front End)
- You are a highly competent developer who loves to get “stuck into code”.
- Familiar with using SOLID principles to develop with a true TDD approach.
- You will have as much passion in HOW you work & deliver as you do in the technology you use, so terms like 'Craftsmanship', 'Clean Code', 'Self Organising', 'Metrics', 'Fast Feedback', 'Automate Everything' ... is not just a pipe dream but your mantra!
- You will take pride in delivering high quality code, fulfilling the requirements in an elegant and succinct manner.
- You will work with the Lead Engineer, Solution Architect, Software Development Leads and other Principal Developers to define technical implementations which deliver the business objectives.
- You will work closely with the Foundation and Professional developers in your team and across the department to ensure their software delivery is of a high standard.
- You will work closely with Product Owners, Delivery Managers and wider business stakeholders to shape the direction of the delivery roadmap.
- You will facilitate and organise mastery time, brown bags, and bespoke training for the department.
- You will work in a highly flexible team, help that team to self-organise and apply best of breed coaching.
- You will be challenged with problems and will be given the space to collaborate and innovate to solve them.
- With opportunities for development everywhere, you will be in control of your own career.