Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
CircleCI is looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to help us develop a seamless user experience. You will work closely with Product and Design to ensure developers who interact with CircleCI via the web have a consistent and streamlined experience from the first time they touch the site.
At CircleCI you will be working with a team who values trust, respect, and diversity. We are a globally distributed team working towards the common goal of being the standard bearer for continuous integration and deployment software. We are remote friendly, and are looking for people who are passionate about helping shape software engineeringing best practices for the industry as a whole.
To thrive in this role you are someone who works well in teams, and enjoys collaborating. Furthermore you have experience in onboarding, engaging, and retaining users through their journey on various platforms. You enjoy working with Product and Design to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively. Experience with Growth Engineering a plus.
- Velocity is critical for software teams in today's competitive landscape, but maintaining speed can be difficult as apps and systems grow larger and more complex. CircleCI’s platform allows developers to rapidly release code (for web and mobile apps) they trust by automating the build, test, and deploy process. CircleCI enables developers to detect and fix bugs before they even reach customers. Thousands of leading companies including Facebook, Kickstarter, Shyp and Spotify rely on CircleCI to accelerate delivery of their code and enable developers to focus on creating business value fast.
- About this role:
- Work closely with Product and Design to brainstorm the best way to onboard, engage, and retain customers through the entirety of their user journey
- Build conversion funnels, and the mechanisms to track their success and opportunities for improvement
- Use data to analyze user paths as a way to inform hypotheses about CircleCI’s platform
- Test these hypotheses with mechanisms such as AB testing
- 3+ years of production development experience
- Experience developing single page applications
- Experience working on server side application code
- Experience with and appreciation for the functional programming paradigm
- Articulate UI and UX opinions, especially in regards to platforms and funnel dynamics
- Experience verifying or refuting your hypotheses using data
- A deep appreciation for and abilities to support your development with appropriate testing
- Experience with Growth Engineering
- Working in a highly collaborative environment
- Supporting an environment that values trust, respect, and diversity
- Exploring different methods for efficiently delivering code and customer value
- Delivering value to customers
- Sharing your expertise and encouraging best practices
- Utilizing data to inform your opinions
CircleCI is a Bay Area Best Places to Work 2016 award winner. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in beautiful downtown San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture backed by Scale Venture Partners, DFJ, Baseline Ventures and Harrison Metal Capital.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We’re hiring at all experience levels, and seek talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who are equally committed to cultivating a work environment of respect and kindness. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.