Senior NodeJS Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
SENIOR BACKEND (OR FULL STACK) ENGINEER
The Farmer’s Dog is a VC backed (Series A, raised $10.1M) direct-to-consumer pet health brand on a mission to disrupt the $60 Billion pet food industry. Our products are human-quality, personalized and manufactured on demand.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a well-funded, already profitable team that’s working on a truly unique product with a massive market opportunity.
Our investors have also backed companies like Warby Parker, Harry’s, Casper, Birchbox, Instagram, and Sweetgreen.
We’re building a subscription based e-commerce business from the ground up and have plenty of interesting problems to solve. Our aim is to offer a seamless subscription experience through on-time production, customized products and best in class customer support.
How are we different from a regular e-commerce shop? Each and every one of our customers has a completely unique subscription plan and shipping frequency. Every individual pack of food is produced for a specific dog and has the pet name and date of manufacturing printed straight on the pack. The average time from production to delivery is less than 2 weeks.
Some of the things you could be working on:
- predictive analysis; making sure we produce the right amount while factoring in account churn, growth rate and current customers
- minimizing customer support tickets by improving subscription management portal
- adding a mixing plan option to checkout flow through which a customer could set a price and receive a plan that facilitates supplementing their current food with ours
- creating a Dockerized microservice that fetches charges from Stripe, generates a monthly tax report, and mails it
- simplifying the process of modifying an order once it has been billed and supporting partial refunds and billings
- writing unit tests using Mocha and Nightwatch
Our architecture is based around a NodeJS API that’s hosted on AWS. We have two web applications that interface with it: 1) the consumer facing website that has content pages, checkout flow, and end-user subscription management and 2) the back-office tool that the fulfillment and customer support team uses for reporting, customer management, and advanced subscription options.
Both frontend application use the same boilerplate and are written in Redux and React. Additionally, we have a number of microservices to handle webhooks and long running jobs like generating customized booklets and handling shipment tracking events.
Skills & Requirements
You should have at least 3 years of experience and a demonstrated ability to build and ship production services. You should feel confident working with NodeJS or Redux. A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
We take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests.
We have a pet-friendly office in Brooklyn, New York.
How to apply
Apply through Stack Overflow