Senior Frontend Engineer
Do you want to get your hands dirty in our quest to build the best recruitment marketing software in the universe and beyond? You’re an experienced Frontend Developer ready to build a solid product that dazzles users! Does this sound like you? Apply for Senior Frontend Developer and become part of our awesome, international, team!
Senior Frontend Developer
Rotterdam, fulltime, ASAP
You make tools people love to use!
As our Senior Frontend Engineer you'll be leading critical product development efforts and get your hands dirty in the frontend implementation of our core platform. You'll take care of the realization of user experiences that makes our end users life easier.
You’ll be contributing to our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to help recruiters market jobs online. JMP incorporates the team’s learnings and best practices including CQRS and event sourcing. The product is used everyday by our customers and we have an ambitious roadmap to build it out to out further!
You'll be part of a dedicated engineering team, consisting of 15 (soon more!) engineers, and you’ll work closely with our CTO and our product development team.
What you actually do
- Deliver frontend experiences worthy of enterprise delight
- Deliver actionable data visualizations that excite
- Be responsible for the choice of the right FE libraries and the realisation of a solid frontend architecture
- Enable development process improvements by implementing and improving devops practices through tools and automation (e.g. CI, CD)
- Closely collaborate with backend developers, pickup some backend development yourself when needed for the team.
- Safe-guard our enterprise product quality and user experience
Which boxes do you tick?
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done!
"Our perfect picture":
- 5+ years relevant working experience
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Front-end experience in various frameworks, especially React
- You have a passion for building tools
- Affinity and experience with data visualisations
- A frontend specialist with a full stack mindset: having backend experience (PHP) is an absolute plus!
Why you can’t miss out on this opportunity
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly you will be part of a vibrant and ambitious team of different nationalities in a very casual environment. Thirdly, you'll have the opportunity to develop yourself everyday, and participate in meetups/conferences.
We often have a BBQ (and beers) on our terrace at the office and multicultural potluck lunches. Oh.. and you will have fun!
And there is more! We offer great things, such as:
- Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday’s
- Good salary and additional incentives
- Commuting expenses compensation
- Time and budget for training
- Fixed term contract with an option for perm
- Plenty of whiteboards and sticky notes in our office!
Are you up for the challenge? Please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? Get in touch with Sarah Ellithy (Recruiter) -> sarahellithy(at)vonq.com.