← Back to all jobs
Frontend Software Engineer
At Packlane, we help customers create impactful custom packaging – and we need you to create the powerful code that makes it all possible. In fact, we’d be OK with you wearing a brightly colored cape at your desk because you have X-ray vision for detecting bugs and a utility belt full of tools to eradicate them. As the ideal candidate, you understand that inventive and stable software is essential to the continued prosperity of our business — and also result in web experiences more forceful than a locomotive.
Consider Packlane a unique challenge - you’ll be in charge of code that allows people with a range of design knowledge (from novice to expert craftsman) to create a product that truly helps them tell their business’s brand story. It’s a big job, but the engineer we’re looking for will be excited to work on a career-defining startup that’s pioneering a new approach to designing and manufacturing packaging. Join our team as a mid level front end engineer and put your super-skills to work for good.
What You'll Do:
- Ideate. Create. Innovate. Help our small (but ultra-productive!) team build new and wonderful products.
- Build internal and customer facing interfaces with ES6, React.js, Webpack and modern preprocessing for CSS.
- Hone your debugging skills and contribute suggestions to the overall team.
- Utilize unit testing and continuous integration to keep the bugs out.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, department heads and consultants to provide the best user experience possible.
- Work in cross functional teams
- Pair program with teammates to hone your skills and grow.
- Bend steel with your bare hands (optional).
What You'll Love About Packlane:
- A chance to try new technologies - Packlane is an opportunity to cut your teeth on a novel technology stack, including innovative development frameworks and cutting-edge functional languages.
- Support Modern Browsers - We’re living in the future and build for modern versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE. No IE8 here.
- We’re a small team - You’ll be one of few, which means you’ll have a real chance to make an impact. Expect (and hopefully enjoy!) a lot of control and influence over product decisions and prioritization.
- You’ll help build our future - We’ve got a lot of ambitious projects in the works, from building manufacturing infrastructure from the ground up, to implementing robust order management systems that orchestrate an intricate production flow, and you’ll be at the frontend of it all.
- Flexibility - We’re an international team who appreciates the freedom to work remotely/from home when we need to, and we value getting everyone together in-person for the occasional company retreat.
- An easy-to-work-with attitude, well-organized and highly self-motivated.
- Reliable. Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Design minimal and functional interfaces with a mind towards the business value.
- Strong work ethic and a healthy obsession with learning new things.
- Familiarity with Git, Yarn, and Chrome DevTools.
- Project leadership and interest in technical leadership on the front end.
- Experience in the nuances of SASS and clean minimal design with reusable components.
- Capability and interest in championing best practices in React.js.
- Proficiency with Webpack, WebGL, Canvas, and HTML5.
- Proficiency in wireframes, mock ups, Sketch.
- Functional programming advocates: who value immutability and functional purity.
- Previous experience on remote teams.
- Employee or contract depending on location.
- US applicants and International contractors who can overlap with US timezones welcome to apply.
or subscribe to receive job offers in your e-mail
You may also like
Senior full-stack software engineer - JS + Ruby Sticker Mule
Senior Software Engineer 1bios