Apptegy is an EdTech company based in Little Rock, Arkansas. At Apptegy, we are building the first marketing platform for schools. Thrillshare, our publishing platform, makes it easy for schools to share positive stories with their communities and the world.
We're growing quickly, yet remain focused on crafting an incredible experience for our teams and clients. We value and expect thoughtfulness and high performance from everyone at Apptegy.
About you and about the role
For each school district we work with, we build custom Android and iPhone apps and a new website that integrates with our publishing platform, Thrillshare. Because Thrillshare integrates with so many platforms and has a diverse set of end users, there are a variety of technical challenges and opportunities to work on.
We are looking for developers who have experience building interactive websites, keeping UI/UX in mind from the very beginning. In a fast-paced startup environment like this, you will be pushing code regularly and seeing the results of your work on a daily basis.
You understand that no one is perfect, that we all have weak spots, and you want to master the skill of self-improvement.
You are driven to do amazing work and complete every task to the best of your ability.
You constantly push yourself to get more done in less time by attacking your work with intensity.
You ask for help when you need it, own up to your mistakes, and put the needs of your colleagues above your own ego.
About the role:
Things you might do:
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate on all aspects of application design and development.
- Make suggestions, ask questions, and always push the limits of the rest of the team.
- Always keep the user in mind.
- Build websites in HTML and CSS.
- Perform code reviews and continue to improve code quality of all our software and projects.
- Work with members of the development team to implement, promote, and manage agile project development processes.
- Design, develop, and maintain new features of our existing and new products.
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Passion for developing functional and beautiful applications
- Experience developing highly interactive applications for many different types of users
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, and efficient code (and tests to go with it!)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Science or a related subject
- Experience related to:
- Utilizing API's for web applications
- Using many different third-party services and libraries
- DevOps or Ruby on Rails
More about Apptegy
Apptegy's mission is to help school leaders share the story of every student. Amazing moments are happening in school districts, but those moments rarely become stories that reach the community. Our products empower school leaders and educators to share those stories and run better schools.
Our unique value is with our publishing platform, Thrillshare, that allows schools to update all of their online communication from one place. Schools can write a message once, and Thrillshare automatically updates their iPhone app, Android app, website, Twitter, Facebook, text messages, and voice calls.
What it's like to work at Apptegy
Working at Apptegy isÃ¢ÂÂ¦ different. For most of our team members, working here is unlike anything they've experienced. We have an entire floor to ourselves in the Simmons Building (the tallest in Arkansas), which other tenants call "the Fun Floor." True to its name, we have a great time. The office has all the usual perks of a thriving startup: standing desks, flexible hours, unlimited vacation, beer in the fridge, the best technology, etc.
Yet, being part of our team is much more than a list of fun perks. Our most important asset is our culture of thoughtfulness and high performance.
Internally, we look for chances to make each others' days. Noticing someone needs a pick-me-up, remembering birthdays, and celebrating others' success all help strengthen our internal bonds. Externally, we want to amaze people with how much we care about both the products we build and the services we provide - that happens by noticing and acting on opportunities to value others.
What we are trying to accomplish is hard. While thoughtfulness is central to how we engage others, a personal ethic of high performance is needed across the company for us to succeed. High performance is a major focus in every role across the company.
Salary, benefits, and why you'll love working at Apptegy
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Retirement investment matching
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Work with great people in a fun environment (instagram.com/apptegy/)
- Be a part of a team that is transforming the way schools engage their communities!
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Apply now