Senior Full Stack Developer
Have you ever watched a sporting event live on your computer or tablet? Or caught up on the latest videos on your phone? If so, you already know Ooyala.
Each month, nearly 220 million viewers in just about every country in the world watch online video powered by Ooyala. We work with TV networks, broadcasters, cable and satellite providers, movie studios and media companies to deliver personalized, premium video content and advertising to tablets, smart phones, connected TVs and PCs all over the world. With our big data heritage and market-leading video analytics, Ooyala delivers TV-quality media experiences across all screens and geographies.
Working at Ooyala is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of TV.
As a result of our plans to expand our software engineering team in London, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer help develop our Flex Media Platform.
As a member of the software engineering team in London, you will participate in the development of services and components for our Flex Media Platform that enables broadcasters and operators worldwide to efficiently manage the complete lifecycle of large quantities of digital media assets through the provision of powerful asset management, metadata management, and workflow capabilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a greenfield project, making use of cutting edge web technologies, where you can explore, experiment, and have fun delivering an awesome front-end product.
Video broadcast is changing rapidly with cloud computing technologies becoming more prevalent across the whole supply chain from creation through to consumption. This is your opportunity to be a part of a strong technology team that is building a platform used by broadcasters and operators across the globe, bringing content to millions of viewers every day.
- We get things done by empowering individuals and teams, we encourage open communication and collaboration across teams.
- We love automation and self service, we like to ‘work smart’.
- We use agile workflows such as Scrum and Kanban depending on what the team is most comfortable with.
- We have a “you build it, you run it” culture where enterprise level availability is a must.
- We like to work with great engineers who are skillful but always open to learn new things, and who value working in a team to achieve a common goal.
- We work with some of the most cutting edge technologies and software delivery techniques and we are committed to keep our technology stack up to date.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits.
As a Sr. software engineer, you will participate in the development and delivery of services and components for Ooyala’s Flex Media Platform. Your daily tasks will include:
- Work with the technical lead and other members of your team to deliver new features, enhancements, bug fixes for services and components that are owned by your team.
- Working within an agile framework you will be responsible for the delivery of code, unit tests, acceptance tests and documentation.
- Participate in backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Assist the technical lead in software design, proof of concept activity and other R&D activities.
- As a subject matter and technical expert you will support the operations teams to ensure that service provision meets strict SLAs.
- You have a degree in an engineering discipline preferably Computer Science, or Software/Informations Systems Engineering.
- You have a strong technical background with at least 5 years of software development experience using Java to deliver enterprise grade B2B/B2C web applications.
- You have a passion for software development and technology and want to deliver highly available solutions that have an impact on end users across the globe.
- You have a high level of competence with Java (Java 8) and are knowledgeable of common Java libraries, concurrency and threading, and design patterns.
- Experience with the Spring Framework (Spring Boot, authentication, data, integration, MVC, cache) will be considered an asset.
- Experience of NodeJS and related technologies and libraries.
- You have experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and familiar with NoSQL datastores such as MongoDB, Neo4J, ArangoDB, Elastic Search, and Redis.
- You have experience working in an agile framework, you understand TDD, build automation, and continuous delivery using tools like JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of core development tools such as Maven, Jira, SVN, Git, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA.
- You are familiar with the latest development in Web technologies and have experience with web frameworks such as Angular (1/2/4) or ReactJS.
- You have good knowledge of HTML5 and related APIs, CSS skills.
- You are familiar with container based delivery using Docker.
- Ideally you have a passion for media technology and digital video delivery. You want to be a part of the revolution that is taking place in redefining how video content is produced, managed, and delivered to consumers.
A global subsidiary of Telstra, Ooyala's comprehensive suite of offerings span the full life cycle of video, from script to screen. Our product offerings include Ooyala Flex Media Platform used by studios and broadcasters to streamline production workflow and video asset management, and Ooyala Applications that provide one of the world's largest premium video delivery platforms. Built with superior analytics capabilities and a strong commitment to customer success, Ooyala's industry-leading solutions help our customers build more engaged and more profitable audiences.
Some of the most successful and innovative media companies and content rights holders in the world — Sky Sports, WTA, PGA Tour, MGM, RTL Germany, Accuweather and Singapore’s Mediacorp — rely on OoyalaApply now