We are on a mission to create a home maintenance service so simple to use that homeowners can just forget about it. We've built an exceptional team and have raised money from top-notch investors to make our vision a reality for homeowners of the world. The opportunity to take on a big role and have huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, fast-moving, and transparent.
Setter is a Home Service that takes care of your home maintenance and repairs. It's like having the best home expert at your fingertips 24/7.
We understand that taking care of a home is stressful, complicated, and time-consuming. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to make home maintenance “invisible”.
There was a time when having fresh water meant journeying for days to a water well in order to meet your basic needs. Today, you can stand 50 stories high in the sky and turn a tap to fill your glass in seconds. It’s become easy, reliable and something you likely don’t think twice about.
We believe that home maintenance should be more like tap water. It is an integral part of your life, but runs so invisibly in the background that you never have to worry about it.
We're passionate, overachieving team players who believe in:
- Gumption — Being relentlessly resourceful.
- Focus — Doing a few things (really) well.
- Nurture — Care for and encourage personal and intellectual growth.
About The Role
We are looking for smart and ambitious software engineers to help us build out our vision for cities of the future. You will be responsible for executing on initiatives designed to move the needle on key business goals via innovative solutions and highly-scalable, performant code. You’ll partner with colleagues in design and product management to help in the development of a fast-growing product that is reshaping the way people interact with their urban environment. We’re a high impact team with an ambitious mission and are looking for high caliber people to join us!
You will be located in Toronto, the fastest growing tech hub in the world (source).
- Be accountable for the delivery of engineering solutions across all layers of our tech stack - from implementing SQL optimizations one day, to contributing to the UX / UI of our React Native app another day.
- Your preference is obviously taken into account, and the bulk of your work will reside in the “layer” that you prefer to work on most
- Dive into technical discussions to help us decide how, and with which technologies, to solve complex problems.
- Help make Setter a technology industry leader by upholding the highest standards for integrity and quality, while keeping pragmatism in mind.
Who You Are
- You have a strong sense of ownership, and a curiosity to learn and understand how things work, even if they take you outside your area of expertise.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation.
- You focus on customer happiness and see technologies (whether programming languages, frameworks, databases, etc.) as a means to an end.
- You have strong communication skills, both spoken and written — a history of blogging or essay-writing is helpful.
- Experienced in building and maintaining complex software systems.
- A team player who looks out for the group’s best interest, and keeps their ego in check.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Ability to relocate to Toronto, Canada.
- 2+ years working experience.
"Nice To Have"s
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with GraphQL