Senior Technical Support Engineer
If you enjoy solving complex problems in a fast and efficient way, being on the phone with strategic customers, finding bugs and contributing to online communities, then you have the profile we are looking for!
Your primary role as a client-facing technical and business support professional will be working to meet deadlines with responsive and prompt turnaround times. You will be responsible for all aspects of post-sales technical customer satisfaction. When partners or customers experience technical difficulties, you will be the first point of contact. You investigate and resolve cases. When these are product bugs or issues that requires a third line of support, the Technical Support Engineer evaluates and communicates the problem to the Core Engineering Team.
You will serve as a technical liaison between the Customer and the Engineering Team working to ensure the criticality of the problem is fully understood and satisfactorily resolved in a time sensitive manner. By handling technical problems with extreme professional acumen, you will deliver a positive problem-solving experience to Ooyala’s customers.
You will be based in our Guadalajara office and will have significant exposure to and collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and our Professional Services teams. You will become an expert in Ooyala Products, and collaborate closely with the Global Support team in spread across London, Stockholm, Singapore, Chennai, and Tokyo.
- Identify, respond, and resolve platform-related technical problems raised by Ooyala’s customers in full compliance within existing Service Level Agreements
- Evaluate the criticality of a given problem; isolate and escalate problem within Ooyala
- Work closely and conduct root-cause analysis with engineering teams to resolve issues
- Work effectively with Sales and Customer Success teams to manage and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- BS in Technology or related field
- Minimum 4-6 years of hands-on technical support or executive level technical support experience
- Highly-motivated in customer support services and client satisfaction
- Experience in troubleshooting/debugging complex technical issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Must be able to articulate technical solutions to all audiences
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience developing apps for one or more platforms (iOS, Android, Roku, AppleTV, SmartTVs, STBs, etc.).
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of past work.
- Programming experience with at least one server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP, Java, C#, Python) is a big plus.
- May also require some weekend work
Impress us with:
- Experience with Online Video technologies.
- Understanding of Ooyala APIs.
- Ability to communicate in a third language is a plus.
Ooyala delivers personalized video experiences across all screens and is a leader in video management, publishing, analytics, and monetization. Ooyala’s integrated suite of technologies and services give content owners the power to expand audiences through deep insights that drive increased viewer engagement and revenue from video.
Companies using Ooyala technology include Sky Sports, Telegraph, Vudu, itv, Tribune, Arsenal among others.
If this sounds like you, then go ahead, apply, and come work in the future at OOYALA!Apply now