Full-Stack Software Engineer Node.js/TypeScript
This job offer is expired
Backend Engineers build PPRO’s core payment platforms, products, services and APIs. As a growing FinTech company, PPRO relies on our robust core platforms to serve our customers world-wide in a reliable way. As a full-stack engineer, you will work on both the business logic such as API integrations, as well as on user interfaces for our payments system.
We are looking for people who have professional work experience as a Software Engineer. You should be comfortable with modern web technologies, have a good eye for detail, be comfortable to learn new technologies and systems, and understand the balance between striving for technical excellence and getting things done.
We have a polyglot codebase consisting of C++, Python and TypeScript. We are planning to heavily invest into our frontend systems and payments integrations, and are thus looking into strengthening our TypeScript codebase.
- Develop and enhance payment system applications alongside other Engineers by producing well-designed, testable code
- Contribute to all phases of the software engineering lifecycle from requirements to delivery to customers including design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and continuous improvement
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Own and solve problems end-to-end
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation such as product, design, infrastructure and operations
Key skills for this position
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with standard web technologies (REST, JSON, SSL, certificates) a plus
- Our servers are running on BSD, so UNIX knowledge is a plus
- We are moving significant parts of our payments platform to AWS, so experience with technologies like Lambda and Docker and working in a cloud-native environment is beneficial
- Logical and structured thinking and an ability to communicate ideas clearly to other technical staff both verbally and written
- Experience in a dynamic environment, agile methodologies and seeing projects through
Role success factors
- Take responsibility for full software lifecycle including support post deployment
- Be a team player, collaborate, communicate, give and receive feedback
- Learn to understand both the business and the technical side in decision making