Job in a nutshell:
We are in the process of building out our award-winning, multi-channel, investment management platform and are looking to expand our team with a Front End Engineer.
We believe that the quality of our software and services is something everyone in the tech team is responsible for and that ownership and empowerment are key. As a Front End Engineer you will be responsible for designing, building, maintaining and improving our customer facing mobile applications, leveraging our own REST APIs. You will be working in a cross-organisation team alongside key stakeholders from Product, Ops and Marketing.
The kind of person we want to work with has:
- Must be comfortable with HTML and CSS/CSS Pre-processors
- Experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails will be highly beneficial but not essential
- Solid experience with REST APIs and keen to dig deeper into the stack
- Experience with building highly-scalable and well-performing web platforms
- Delivery experience on cloud platforms and familiarity with AWS
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Must know how to work on a *nix client environment (OS X, GNU/Linux) and be familiar with the terminal
What are we looking for?
We want to work with people who understand that, along with the power to deliver lots of new features to our customers frequently, comes the responsibility to ensure that we have built solid, well-tested, reliable code that is easily monitorable and measurable by our operations team. We work together in combined Engineering, Ops and Product teams who own feature development end-to-end.
We believe in autonomy and giving people the opportunity to come up with new ideas to help us drive the business forward. We feel that the best engineers (and the ones we want to work with) are self-starters who can work well as part of a larger team and who can build enthusiasm and empower the team with their ideas, making sure the team achieves on their shorter and longer term goals.
We understand that things can occasionally go wrong and we want to work with people who can calmly deal with the immediate crisis; are happy to get stuck in to help fix the issue at hand and then focus on working out what the root cause of the issue is and work effectively to make sure we fix it properly.Apply now