Full Stack Web Application Engineer
This job offer is expired
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Full Stack Web Applications Engineer - PayPal Enterprise Solutions
About the Enterprise Solutions team
Keeping the engine of the global economy strong and growing, the Enterprise Solutions team, a member of the PayPal Merchant organization, is responsible for helping millions of PayPal merchants manage and run their businesses on web and mobile. We are responsible for building products that support PayPal business customers, from casual sellers to the world’s largest businesses. We are currently working on building new enterprise-grade solutions to make our products even more dependable for large/enterprise customers, putting ourselves in the best position to continue powering the world’s largest e-commerce and payments applications at a scale few companies can match.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for the best Full Stack Web Application engineers in the world, who have a passion for developing massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to support mission-critical business tasks. Quality is at the forefront of everything our team does, and we are looking for true passion for writing robust, re-usable, scalable and well-tested code.
On the personality side, you are the right person for PayPal if you are willing to:
- Drive to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle issues before they blowup.
- Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything you do.
- Show pride and passion for helping businesses thrive around the globe.
As a member of our team, you will work with Designers, Product Owners and Domain Technical Leads building new experiences and improving existing products, developing robust software solutions and dependable products for PayPal’s merchants. You’ll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative and curious, as you’ll work in a fast-paced environment where continuous experimentation and innovation are a given.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services.
- Collaborating with peers and leads both within the team and across the organization.
- Working with scrum teams and product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Working with operations teams to ensure applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Supporting applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
- Candidates from 1 to 10+ years of experience are welcome for a variety of roles and levels.
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Cognizant of modern database/storage technologies.
- Competent in designing and building web applications and/or web services in a commercial setting.
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Competent in software engineering tools (e.g. build tools) and best practices (e.g. test automation and continuous integration).
- Extra credit: Provide your GitHub account or code samples with your resume!
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.