Senior Front End Engineer
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome. We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create an unfair advantage for the most important global companies.This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Engineering Team. We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fueled by technology. Featuring world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology professionals with a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions, our Engineering Team assists influential global leaders to imagine, develop and launch digital businesses and solutions with transformative power.From mobile applications and ecommerce to original and developing digital products and services, they address challenges at their core and develop products, services and experiences that disrupt markets, generate value and positively impact millions of lives.
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will use your skills to:
- Design and build responsive web products for BCG Digital Ventures from start to finish, including maintaining a central role in any groundwork, infrastructure and product discussions.
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside Product, Design and API developers, as well as other front-end engineers.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performance code base.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technical discussions.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Utilize proactive problem-solving to address challenges and functional concerns.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, creative problem-solving and effective interpersonal/communication skills that support the process of building collaborative teams.
- Institute superior technology capabilities with diligence, attention to detail and technical intuition- Demonstrate flexibility and strong teamwork skills.
- Show a passion for designing product user interfaces that will drive the rapid growth of new ventures.
- Implement advanced organizational and planning skills to developmental projects.
- Maintain confidentiality about new ventures, products and services.
- Balance competing priorities while adhering to deadlines and aligning resources with value demands.
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will need:
- Five or more years of relevant experience (preferred).
- The ability to find fulfilment in building innovative products and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-demanding and service-oriented environment.
- Experience with Agile software and test-driven development, as well as developing user-facing software and working with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimisation techniques (preferred).
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills.
- A BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject.