AppNeta is a fast-growing, international technology startup that is poised to take advantage of the massive performance monitoring marketplace sized by Gartner as $3.5B in 2017. AppNeta has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-growing Private Companies list four years running, and has won numerous awards in the Boston market, including BBJ’s Best Places to Work and BostInno’s Coolest Companies.
We are looking for a talented full-stack web developer to help drive the evolution of AppNeta's cloud-based web application. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, pragmatic self-starter who excels at learning, planning, teaching, and executing in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on positive interactions with team members, and appreciate that there is much more to being a great developer these days than just writing code.
Please read on if you are an enthusiastic software developer who is comfortable working from the database to the DOM. If you're intrigued, submit your resume and cover letter telling us why.
In our fast-paced environment, your significant knowledge and experience will enable you to:
- Be an active member of self-organizing, cross-functional Scrum teams
- Collaboratively engineer new web application features and visualizations
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements
- Design and implement portable, reusable, and testable UI components
- Seamlessly integrate the user interface with back-end application services
- Write maintainable code with automated tests to prove it
- See the job through to completion by understanding how the software will be built, tested, deployed, and supported
To excel in this position you’ll need:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Experience utilizing Java/J2EE technologies for back-end services (EJB3, JPA, Spring, Jersey, Guava)
- Experience working with a variety of SQL and NoSQL data stores (PostgresSQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, S3, BigQuery)
- A strong grasp of CS and software design principles
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux systems
Bonus points (for)
- Experience with cloud architectures and a variety of Amazon Web Services
- Experience or strong interest in network management or web application performance
- Experience working in Scrum teams, ideally as a Scrum Master or Product Owner
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNeta’s SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. We are big believers in a work hard, play hard culture. We offer everything from catered lunch and free snacks to commuter benefits and Maternity/Paternity leave, and we pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment in both our offices.
About AppNeta’s office locations:
- Boston: Located just steps from South Station in the heart of the Innovation District, AppNeta’s Boston office is home to our Sales & Sales Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Product and G&A teams.
- Vancouver: One block from Waterfront Station in the heart of historic Gastown, AppNeta’s Vancouver office is home to our Product, Engineering and Customer Success teams.