Airtasker is a fast-growing online and mobile marketplace for local services and temporary labour. We are revolutionising the way people and businesses get more done by connecting real-time labour requirements with one of the world's most under-utilised assets - people power.
Airtasker has big ambitions and recently raised $33M worth of funding as we go international, with the UK being the first country to plant our flag! We are building a talented team with opportunities to make a real impact in a hyper-growth and solutions-oriented start-up workplace.
Airtasker is looking for engineers to join us on this journey with a focus on building out platform capabilities and new features for the product.You will be responsible for:
- Building out APIs for our frontend clients
- Scoping new features for the platform with the Product and UX teams
- Contributing to the engineering roadmap
- Managing multiple projects across the business simultaneously
- Minimum of 3-5 years software development experience
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related IT discipline
- Experience working with and building APIs
- Work in an Agile manner, iterating through user stories and applying test-driven development techniques
- Experience in using various testing frameworks for automated testing
- Excellent English communication skills
- Full stack experience preferred
- Contributed to the open source community
- Interest in the start-up and technology community