Join a Central Manchester team as our lead JS developer (£65k, React/Redux/Node)
This job offer is expired
- Lead and coach a small team of developers, whilst also contributing.
- Working on a varied 3 year roadmap for in-house products, including FLG (sales lead management) and Flow XO (chatbots and messaging).
Who we are
We're a B2B (SaaS) technology business established just over 10 years ago. Since then, our growth has been steady and organic, and we've built a great business with several £million in annual revenue and very healthy profits.
A few years ago we launched Flow XO, a business messaging and chatbots product. Flow XO is already a leader in its market with users all over the world.
Our plan for growth
We're now working on a 3 year plan to accelerate our growth and bring the FLG and Flow XO products closer together.
The foundations are there - strong history, good revenues, excellent profits, amazing people in both the team and customers.
Our plans include a new focus on sales and marketing, and a revamped approach to product, which will see FLG and Flow XO become an expanded product family and see new products brought into the mix.
As the single lead developer and coach in the team, it will be your job to work alongside the product manager to turn product plans into well architected software products.
About half the time you'll be managing, coaching and organising the team. The rest of the time, you'll be working on code alongside the rest of the team.
You'll be working on both the front-end (React/Redux and Angular) and also the back-end (Node, MongoDB & Redis) plus anything else we bring into the picture for our new products. The work is challenging, as we're building complex products with interesting problems around UX, scaling, and architecture.
Although there's obviously some complexity in the codebase, we've worked hard to reduce technical debt, achieve excellent test coverage, and follow conventions where possible. So you'll be joining projects where most of the working day is spent thinking about the future rather than catching up with the past.
Our product roadmap means there is likely to be whole new products being actively worked on every 3-6 months, at least for the next few years.
Is this you?
- You currently have team leadership responsibilities and want to develop that further. We need you to lead technical discussion to collaborate with the team and nurture innovation whilst always having an eye on the commercial strategy. We also need you to act as our scrum master (or delegate the responsibility elsewhere)
- You want to coach and develop other members of the team around you
- You're engaging, approachable and pragmatic
- You're a great communicator
- Always be considering 'what if', so you can write code and design logic that is robust and secure
If this is you, please come and join our team. Our customers need you.
This is a rare opportunity to transform something great into something incredible.
A chance to plot the businesses growth and point proudly to when you joined the business, just before the curve takes that sharp upwards turn.
As well as a rewarding challenge, we also offer:
- A very competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Part-time remote working available
Our product team is based in Manchester City Centre in a cool office. We don't care about your gender, race, sexuality, age, whether you have disabilities we need to accommodate, etc. - we're simply looking for someone that can deliver.
The first step is to send us your current CV and write us an intro.
The intro is important, you need to explain (succinctly) how you fit into the picture.
We're looking forward to hearing from you. Don't delay.