Senior Engineer for Web Products
This job offer is expired
We are looking for open-minded developers who love to learn and push boundaries with technology to benefit the organisation.
As an Engineering Lead you will be responsible for setting the engineering standards for the Web Products Platform by balancing the business and architectural goals with engineering best practices. Additionally, the Lead Engineer is responsible for maintaining a high standard of code quality, identifying risk and technical debt, the creation and maintenance of all technical documentation for projects and features, and managing the delegation and coordination of engineering duties where appropriate, with the opportunity to still role your sleeves up and be hands on creating great things.
As well as a global circulation in print of our Newspaper, a great take up on our app, our main websites receives around 1.5 million unique visitors per day! This is an opportunity to work for a global leading business where you will be able to develop your skills, mind-set and career whilst also making a really difference to the organisation’s ecosystem.
What we are looking for:
- Developers that are collaborative, enthusiastic, humble and passionate, with a keen interest in quality and success
- People who enjoy getting their hands dirty and don't mind being slightly out of their comfort zone and are happy to help out their colleagues and solve problems
- People with ideas and enthusiasm who can work well in teams
In return you will have:
- The opportunity to work with world class engineers who love to teach and mentor
- The opportunity to lead and motivate a dynamic team of developers and create a vibrant culture
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that encourage their engineers to contribute to open source projects
Technologies we use:
- React,NodeJS, Symfony, AngularJS, Knockout, Backbone
- Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android, Apple Watch, Android Wear
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, XRay
- AWS, Docker, Nginx, Varnish