Senior Frontend Engineer (m/f)
We are SPRING - the digital publisher of Axel Springer.
SPRING is responsible for over 60 products from more than 25 Brands and some of Europe's biggest news sites including BILD.de and WELT.de. Over 350 people at SPRING are working on an innovative media platform to make quality journalism accessible for everyone.
We are providing a great user experience on both sides - for readers and journalists, connecting them with the newest technologies.
We are innovators and it is essential for us to stay open minded and try new things every day. You are creative and passionate about your work? You want to be part of a team with a high social responsibility and where your work can make a difference? Then join us and shape the way how the world consumes media in the future!
By using the newest technologies, we’re developing an innovative CMS for Axel Springer’s news and media brands. Rolling out content for over 38m unique users per month requires innovative technologies and forward-thinking engineering skills to guarantee a flawless and exciting user experience for readers and journalists. We're doing this by using the latest technologies like React.js/Redux, Draft.js and Material Design. Node.js, Java 8 with Spring-Boot and MongoDB Enterprise are our backend technologies and we're running our services dockerized in a Kubernetes Cluster.
We’re working towards the future of digital media and we’re looking for you to join us!
- Work closely together with Product Managers and Designers to develop a fast and responsive frontend for editorial systems
- Ensure high code quality and maintainability of our frontend technologies
- Develop distributed, highly available services and interfaces according to CI / CD standards
- Evaluate Open Source technologies for our products
- Write unit tests and debug your code with modern developer tools
- You are independent from libraries, but know when, where and why to use them
- Experience with microservices and handling of REST API's
- Unit tests and debugging
- Familiar with GitHub community standards, rules and structures as well as conventions
- You enjoy working in an interdisciplinary and agile team
- You care for clean and maintainable code
You will be part of a great community and work in an agile and highly qualified team with the newest technologies towards the future of digital media. We boost your personal development with seminars, workshops, various conferences and tech talks – like our biweekly occurring tech-breakfast. Be part of a large tech network from subsidiaries of Axel Springer and exchange knowledge with companies like Stepstone, idealo, Immonet and many more.
We guarantee you flexible working hours, above average number of vacation days and a daily free lunch at our on-site restaurant. Furthermore, a MacBook Pro, which can also be used privately, will be placed at your disposal.
Join us now!Apply now