Senior Frontend Engineer - Distributed Commerce
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Distributed Commerce
Reports to: Engineer Lead
Team Size: <10
Recruiter: Sara Bettencourt
You will explore the edges of the fashion ecosystem to create compelling new experiences outside the normal e-commerce channels, from social media channels to conversational commerce use cases with Google Assistant and chatbots.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Build, scale and continuously improve a variety of web applications that redefine the user experience of our customers and partners.
- Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code. You will decide together on the technologies and tools to utilize as well operate large-scale web applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- You and your team will work truly cross-functional with an entrepreneurial mindset and drive the whole development cycle according to its purpose - from implementation to testing and maintenance.
- You will join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the scalability, performance and user-centricity of our software. You will add value through innovation by leveraging current trends in software design, frameworks and RESTful web services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with a modern frontend stack including React, Redux, Webpack, ES6, LESS, HTML 5, Universal/isomorphic rendering.
- Node.JS skills that help you to build full stack applications, familiar with writing well tested and reusable code.
- Basic understanding of AWS and CI/CD and not afraid of deploying and operating your application.
- Delivering bug free and fully functional features and products that are well tested and based on user requirements.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
The Distributed Commerce team’s mission is to provide a smooth fashion commerce experience at the point of discovery: offering the right user experience wherever consumers are inspired off of Zalando.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.Apply now