Senior Software Engineer
The Product Development team continues to grow and we are seeking Senior Software Engineers to join the team. You have the exposure to work in a unique stack, React, Python, AWS and PosgreSQL. As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to cross-functionally with embedded Product Owners, Ops and QA. You will mentor others and leverage cutting edge technologies while in small self organized Agile teams. Everyone has a voice as your entire team actively participates in SCRUM practices. In addition, the Product Development team is dedicated to providing a unique learning culture supporting personal growth time (Saw Time)!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Work closely with your cross-functional product team (which includes QA and product managers) to scope, plan, and build products that drive OnShift forward
- Main producer of development for the product team, 80-90% time in hands on development
- Help define OnShift’s architecture, technical standards, and Agile process
- Mentor and coach interns and new team members as our department continues its rapid growth
- Collaborate with other scrum development teams and others across the company to deliver valuable software to our customers
- Take initiative on solving technical and organizational problems as they arise
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Ready to engage with Agile software development methodologies
- Professional development experience in most levels of Full Stack and ability to code a complex stack
- Proven experience with modern application architecture principles in a commercial environment
- Experience developing web applications in a commercial environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across all teams and to build relationships to solve challenges
- Experience self directed, leading and mentoring others on a development team as well as committed to fostering a learning environment
- Experience in API design
- Experience with automated testing, building and other tenets of Agile Development
- Fluent in modern design patterns and ability to establish them
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies, such as Docker; and build technologies, such as Jenkins.
- Experience developing on an open source platform
- High School Diploma required
We believe in equal employment and advancement opportunities for all people, based on ability, potential and record of accomplishment.