Senior Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
The Product Development team continues to grow and we are seeking Senior Software Engineers to join the team. You have the exposure to work in a unique stack, React, Python, AWS and PosgreSQL. As a Senior Engineer, you will have the opportunity to cross-functionally with embedded Product Owners, Ops and QA. You will mentor others and leverage cutting edge technologies while in small self organized Agile teams. Everyone has a voice as your entire team actively participates in SCRUM practices. In addition, the Product Development team is dedicated to providing a unique learning culture supporting personal growth time (Saw Time)!
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Work closely with your cross-functional product team (which includes QA and product managers) to scope, plan, and build products that drive OnShift forward
- Main producer of development for the product team, 80-90% time in hands on development
- Help define OnShift’s architecture, technical standards, and Agile process
- Mentor and coach interns and new team members as our department continues its rapid growth
- Collaborate with other scrum development teams and others across the company to deliver valuable software to our customers
- Take initiative on solving technical and organizational problems as they arise
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- Ready to engage with Agile software development methodologies
- Professional development experience in most levels of Full Stack and ability to code a complex stack
- Proven experience with modern application architecture principles in a commercial environment
- Experience developing web applications in a commercial environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across all teams and to build relationships to solve challenges
- Experience self directed, leading and mentoring others on a development team as well as committed to fostering a learning environment
- Experience in API design
- Experience with automated testing, building and other tenets of Agile Development
- Fluent in modern design patterns and ability to establish them
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies, such as Docker; and build technologies, such as Jenkins.
- Experience developing on an open source platform
- High School Diploma required
We believe in equal employment and advancement opportunities for all people, based on ability, potential and record of accomplishment.