Senior Front End Developer
Digital transformation is a journey not a one off-event. It needs to be nurtured and grown by talented people who experiment, fail fast and innovate at pace.
We continually experiment with ways to make our journeys more intuitive, simple and enjoyable. And we’re constantly testing and trialing ways to give customers faster access to our services, more flexibility - and the richest, most rewarding experience.
All you need is the right mindset and the desire to help us create award-winning digital experiences – we work at pace, we love ideas and collaborate on agile project.
Join us as a Senior Front End Developer! You can be contractually based from our London (Great Suffolk Street) office.
About the role
As Senior Front-End Developer within the Digital team you will part of a very supportive team, working in our new collaborative and solutions driven Agile environment.
You will be joining a fast paced, growing team who share a common interest in adopting a digitally focused engineering culture, helping shape the way in which we build and continuously integrate code.
As a Senior Developer we see your role as being 50% hand-on development and 50% of your time coaching and mentoring others. You will be seen as a lead, helping a team of developers come up with a variety of solutions. And, there will be plenty of opportunity to drive your own development.
This role is ideal for commercially experienced, passionate developers, who are enthusiastic and highly driven towards creating rich, user focused applications.
Your key skills and experience will ideally include:
- Commercial experience with React and Node.js
- Demonstrable experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Good knowledge of responsive web design
- Experience with Git or other source control systems
- Strong ability to debug code
- Knowledge of building performance driven websites with an understanding of network traffic, HTTP requests and other performance focused enhancements
- Working knowledge of how to utilise manual and automated testing
- Able to mentor and coach team members
- An understanding of Agile working processes