About the Role
We’re looking for a versatile and collaborative developer to join our team. You will be an equal partner throughout the product development process alongside designers, strategists and product managers. You will collaborate from the very earliest stages of a project, through delivery to market and beyond, using your experience in technology to create opportunities and solve problems. You will build web, mobile and physical connected products, working with clients from a wide range of industries.You’ll need to be able to both work to a high standard on production code and work quickly to deliver prototypes or proofs of concept.
We are flexible about the technologies we use, but currently we’re doing a lot of React/React Native and Elixir. It would be great if you’ve already worked with either (or both) of these, but it’s more important that you’re excited about exploring new technologies and able to pick them up quickly. Some of the other technologies and services we use day to day are ES6, Ruby on Rails, Python, Sass, Terraform, AWS, Heroku and Github.
Made by Many is an innovation consultancy focused on bringing digital to the core of our clients’ businesses. We deliver agile product development and organisational change through the collaboration of technology, design, business and product strategy.
We’ve put a lot of thought and effort into creating an environment that is built for continuous learning and improvement. We all believe in sharing knowledge generously, experimenting with new tools and techniques, working in small, empowered teams and celebrating our successes as well as looking at where we can improve. We’ve developed a professional development toolkit to support you in shaping your career at Made by Many and beyond.
Our technology discipline is well established with a team of full-stack software developers working at the forefront of digital product development. We’re a friendly and inclusive team who are constantly working to improve our craft, and pushing ourselves and our clients to bring together the best aspects of Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
£40,000–£60,000 depending on experience. This will be reviewed annually.
- 25 days a year holidays (not including bank holidays). We close the office at Christmas, so you’ll get these days as extra too.
- Private healthcare
- Maternity and paternity leave (Maternity: 10 weeks at full pay followed by 9 weeks at 60% and then standard SMP; Paternity: 4 weeks at full pay)
- Your choice of company mobile phone
- Mac laptop with admin rights and any other tech you need to do your job
- Investment in personal development — this could be attending courses, buying books or going to conferences — whatever suits you
- Regular company lunches, drinks, supper clubs and away days, as well as our summer party in the office and Christmas beach party
- Beautiful office next to Regent’s Canal, near to lots of shops/cafes/bars in Angel
- Kitchen and fridge stocked with delicious healthy (and unhealthy) snacks and drinks - including breakfast selection
- Weekly lunchtime yoga sessions and evening football sessions
- Monthly tech meetup hosted at our office (http://www.frontendlondon.co.uk/)
Location and hours
- The role is based at our office (Diespeker Wharf, 38 Graham St, London, N1 8JX) and is not open to remote working
- Hours are 9am - 6pm, Monday - Friday. Due to the demands of client projects, this role is not open to part-time working or job sharing.
The Recruitment Process
We're using Applied to improve our recruitment process. We review your answers alongside other candidates’ without seeing any personal information about you, which helps us remove unconscious bias from our recruitment process.
Applicants who score highly on Applied will be invited to a short phone interview which we will use to get to know a bit more about you and to give you a chance to ask any questions you have. Successful candidates will then be invited to an interview at our office where you will get a chance to talk to us about how you approach technical problems (it would be really useful if you have some of your own code you can talk us through for this, whether it be from professional work or a side project) and meet some more of the team.
We offer applicants with disabilities the option of proceeding straight to the phone interview stage. If this applies to you, please email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.