Mid/Senior Front-End Developers
Common Code provides an active, culturally positive and diverse work environment that prioritises learning and social interaction.
Who we are:
We are Common Code, a progressive development house working with some of Australia's exciting start-ups all the way through to the big brands and household names. We build bespoke web applications that change the way our clients do business.
We focus on building technology partnerships with clients, prioritising innovation towards viable business models and technology as an asset to the business
Common Code provides an active, culturally positive and diverse work environment that prioritises learning and social interaction. We're advocates of agile principles, design patterns and best practice software development techniques.
We approach engagements in small cross-functional teams which reward the individual through peer review and collaboration practices.
We sponsor and encourage opportunities to create community-of-practice through meetups and attending and speaking at conferences.
What you will do:
You will work alongside a team of highly skilled developers from Common Code working with a diverse range of clients.
Daily life will include stand-ups, code reviews, workshops, ping-pong, meet-ups and plenty of laughs along the way. We are super passionate about what we do and are constantly looking for new ways to develop ourselves and be the best we can be.
- Advanced experience working withReactJS, Node or Angular
- Further knowledge of Python, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS, testing frameworks, GraphQL, REST will be beneficial
- Experience working in an agile environment will help, particularly Scrum
- Driven to write great, clean, secure code with a focus on shipping features as a team
- You are constantly exploring new technologies and can be found hanging out at local meet up or hackathon
What’s in it for you:
- We are located in the heart of Abbotsford, a stone's throw from countless cafes and restaurants and easily accessible by public transport
- Our workplace is bright, colourful and spacious giving you the freedom to work wherever you want- standing desks, egg chairs, bean bags, couches or some people like to sit at a desk
- We have a fun team culture and are committed to a culture of inclusion and diversity, where everyone’s voice is heard and valued
- Wear what you want, we are more interested in your code than a dress code
- Huge career development opportunities, we believe in investing in our people to be the best they can be and offer multiple levels of training both internally and externally
- A weekly delivery of organic fruit, snacks and lunches keep us healthy and well fuelled
- Did I mention we have a huge café style coffee machine and beer taps out the back?
We are open on this one, we are looking for people anywhere from 3-10 years commercial experience and will pay accordingly.