Mobile Real-time Communications Software Engineer
This job offer is expired
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for assisting in the design of system architectures and solutions to bring to market new innovative products which span web service offerings. Assists in the planning, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and supporting of products. Helps with testing and operational activities. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Experience and desire to focus on real-time communications frameworks supporting video/voice/chat/messaging features and advanced communications capabilities.
- Possess strong knowledge and experience with IP network protocols related to persistent connections and real-time push related protocols including HTTPS, pub/sub, WSS/HTTP2.0/QUIC.
- Possess strong skills writing readable code with unit test coverage.
- Experience with Git and continuous integration systems.
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills and experience with console and network debugging and Wireshark (preferred).
- Be eager to learn new technologies and contribute to projects outside of their core strengths.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to any non-technical co-workers.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Supports Lead Engineer with the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and lead engineer to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Assists product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing products and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Determines resources, technology and course of action to achieve results.
- Provides leadership and consultative direction to the organization, department and group.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- iOS and/or Android native language and framework expertise particularly with the use of latest AV related frameworks for camera/microphone/display and video and audio codecs.
- Knowledge and experience with VoIP and WebRTC related technologies
- Experience with webrtc.org/chromium codebases (preferred)
- Use of CocoaPods, Maven Central and other mobile code framework repositories.
- Use of Appian or other automated test frameworks for mobile platforms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with CI/CD practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills
- Mobile and/or React Native development (iOS / Android) (preferred)
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer