What you will do:
- Ownership and Inspiration: Technological prototyping, platform architecture, solution design, development, quality assurance, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves on 130+ modules and dozens of applications each day.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin (1600+ releases in 2017).
- Raise the bar: As a principal engineer you are our bar. Excellence and skill of all engineers are measured against your experience, mentality and drive on a constant basis. Whenever you push your own limits, you push those of the company as well.
- Lead the pack: Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and create tools to launch new green field applications.
- Cutting edge technology stack and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated. We currently use ES.next, react, redux, webpack, Node.js 8+, npm, docker, S3, cloudfront, css modules and some service workers incorporated in a continuous delivery platform.
- How to build engineering products with highly complex business logic that have a direct impact on the company's performance.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code.
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production.
- In one month your impact starts to become measurable.
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers.
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a key strategy advisor in questions of Frontend. As a core contributor to central projects and mentor for your primary technology you’re pushing forward on multiple business and technical challenges and drive them to success.
What you should bring:
- You are proficient with HTML5, CSS3 and build tools like webpack
- Ideally you have previous experience in leading a group of developers and taking responsibility for your team and your software. The more the better!
What you will get:
- Relocation support that includes assistance with visa, apartment search, moving cost
- A nice office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg) with free drinks & fruits
- The possibility to work with new technologies
- Team and company events like Hackathons international nights, christmas party, soccer, etc.
- Attractive discounts on different services like gym, public transport, leisure activities
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations. Degen Okbay is looking forward to your application.
+49 30 201 638 2074Apply now
Similar job offers in your area
Frontend Engineer - Sizing Zalando SEBerlin, GermanyJuly 19
Fullstack Developer (f/m) Conrad Connect GmbHBerlin, GermanyJune 29