CurrencyFair was originally established in 2009 by a team who had the vision to create the world’s first peer-to-peer foreign exchange marketplace that enables consumers (and small businesses) to save substantial sums of money when transferring money abroad. The company is created on the premise that all customers should come first, by having access to a simple, transparent and innovative product which eliminates hidden fees and uncompetitive exchange rates offered by Banks. The Company operates globally with offices in Dublin and Australia and is now embarking on a growth phase as revenues continue to double year on year.
Where you come in?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Engineer (with PHP knowledge) to join our Dublin team. If you are looking for a role that provides the scope to learn about new technologies and work on distributed large scale real-time systems, joining the CurrencyFair Tech team may be the perfect career move for you. People with a strong interest in systems architecture around distributed services are of particular interest to our team.
2. Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
3. Collaborate with Product Designers and Backend Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products.
4. Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
5. Bringing up-to-date expertise in front-end web technologies to the team, and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of our products.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. Community Involvement
2. Passion for problem-solving
4. Experience in working with React Framework or at least one of the Front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone.js, Ember.js, etc,.
5. Experience in testing frameworks; Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, etc,.
6. Secure programming - knowledge of common threats and how to recognise and avoid writing exploitable code
7. Strong understanding and experience with Frontend performance and optimization techniques.
And bonus points for:
1. Experience with Java and PHP
2. Experience of automated, continuous deployment systems, such as Jenkins and Capistrano
3. Experience with technical SEO and analytics tracking and measuring.
We sometimes receive the following questions when we have an Engineer vacancy, which we are happy to address.
Q: Does the option to work remotely work for this role?
A: We are flexible in our approach to working arrangements and have a number of employees who work off-site. However, this particular role is Dublin based and so does not suit someone looking to work remotely.
Q: Do you offer a relocation package?
A: We are not in a position to offer visa sponsorship for this role.