Senior Front End Software Engineer - Fintech
IRESS is a leading financial technology businesses. Founded in 1993, we operate across 17 offices in 6 countries. We design, develop and deliver technology solutions for the financial services industry in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, and Asia.Whether our clients trade on global financial markets, manage investments, provide mortgages or help people plan their financial future and protect their family, they rely on our software and our team to help deliver the right outcomes for their business and their clients. With a solid financial track record, we continue to grow and adapt to meet the complex and changing needs of our clients.
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer, you’ll join our growing team responsible for building our award-winning financial planning product – XPLAN. It’s been rated the number one financial planning software for the tenth consecutive year, being used by the majority of the Australian Financial Planning market. XPLAN has a global user base, ultimately helping tens of millions of people with life’s big financial decisions.
At IRESS we’re changing the way advice professionals provide scaled advice to advise to everyday people. This is a Senior role within a team building our new objective-based financial planning product XPLAN Prime. Video of the product can be found here https://goo.gl/KY65qA.
- Play a role in key initiatives including migrating our code base from Backbone to building a new version of PRIME for our UK clients.
- Build quality software using tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, SonarQube, Artifactory etc
- Contribute in a brand-new, AGILE team constantly experimenting with new tools and solutions
- Collaborate with team members in self-autonomous squad (no bigger than 4 / 5 people) where everyone is involved in product decisions.
- Solve complex problems at scale, developing high performance, web applications with a global user base.
- Grow your skills through formal training, lunch and learns and by attending conferences. We host the occasional meetup too. Our teams use Pluralsite and Egghead.
- Foster the development of others including teaching and mentoring team members
- Enjoy views of the harbour from our brand new Barangaroo office. Includes collaborative working spaces, games area, meditation room and café.
- Join a culture of innovation, participating in our monthly “CodeIT” hackathon
- Develop your career as we continue to grow (we’ve doubled in size in the last 5 years). This can include your technical, people leadership and / or project management skills.
We believe in continuously improving the way we build market leading products. Our team welcomes new ideas and you’ll join during a time of exciting change as we explore cloud based infrastructure (AWS), Continuous Deployment (Teamcity), Microservices and Devops practices.
- Experience as Software Engineer, Developer, Programmer, Web Developer, Front End Engineer, UI Engineer etc or equivalent training
- Deep understanding of web standards and architecture.
- Deep understanding of WCAG 2.0 (desired)
- Best practice around implementing responsive design (desired)
We recognize and reward hard work and celebrate our successes over a Friday afternoon drink and at various socials throughout the year. We don't sweat the small stuff either, our dress code is as relaxed as we are. As well as local charity events and initiatives, we hold global days and activities to make the most of our global strength and diversity. This includes a yearly global hackathon! We may be one of the largest financial software providers, but we haven't forgotten our roots; we've kept the entrepreneurial spirit and agility that defined our early years - it's something we continue to look for and admire in our people.
- Flexible working
- Subsidized health insurance
- 3 days leave per year to participate in charity initiatives
- Access to various learning and development programs.
- Up to 26 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers) and the ability to work part time when returning to work.
Want to have a significant impact in one of Australia’s fasted growing technology companies? If so please apply – we look forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity at IRESS. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.Apply now