Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
This job offer is expired
Zego provides drivers with flexible, hourly insurance while they are working. We are building a modern insurance platform with which to drive innovation in the industry. We are VC backed and looking to expand our current engineering team. We are committed to finding creative solutions in order to craft a smart insurance company that is sensitive to our users’ needs and we want you on board.
What you will be doing:
- Work in a close-knit team environment of talented engineers
- Enhance the user experience of our website and mobile applications (built in React Native) as we launch new core product lines
- Implement new APIs in GraphQL to scale and maintain our apps
- Contribute to the health of the codebase with regular code reviews
We are looking for candidates who are dedicated to creating and nurturing a product with an outstanding user experience. You need to have experience in HTML5, CSS3 and React.js. Our mobile apps are built with React Native and deployed on both Android and iOS. Our platform is built on top of the Django web framework, hosted on AWS. While we recognise that many applicants might not have experience with React Native or Python, an interest in learning these, with the support of the team, is essential.
Do you want to collaborate with a team who value learning and have a passion for generating new ideas? Are you interested in finding out about innovative ways to disrupt an industry hampered by legacy systems? You should apply now to come in for some delicious coffee and a chat.
We offer a number of benefits to all our employees, these include:
- Experience of working with founders from VC backed fast-growing startups
- A great office located in Shoreditch right by Old Street Roundabout
- High-end equipment of your choice
- A competitive compensation package including options
- Free breakfast in the office every Friday
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.